Saturday, May 29, 2010

And so it begins!

Saint Michael's Playhouse season has officially begun! Well, for the interns anyways. It's so nice to be back up at school again, but it definitely feels weird being here without any schoolwork! I can't say I'm complaining though.

I got up here around noon today and spent the whole afternoon just unloading the car and unpacking everything into my room! This is also the first time I have moved up to school and only needed one car so I'm very proud of myself, haha. It's amazing how much less stuff you have to bring when you only come for the summer season!

For the next two months, I'll be living in Joyce Hall, which brings back memories of living here freshman year. I'm thinking that it's going to be a lot quieter and much nicer without as many people around! However, it still feels kind of strange living in a dorm when school is "not in session." It's been a bit of a ghost town.

After spending a few hours unpacking and settling in, I went to the big meet-and-greet with the other interns in the theater where Chuck Tobin (artistic director of the Playhouse) told us all about the coming season and what we should expect. Basically, he just said that we would be in for a lot of work and a lot of fun so I'm really excited to see what pans out! It's always strange meeting everyone because of that first-day awkwardness, but I think we'll warm up to each other soon enough. I feel like it's the first day of college again! I think one of my biggest fears at this point is that I'll go through the whole summer feeling really shy and not opening up to people and making connections like I should be. I don't think that will happen, but it's always in the back of my mind.

Anyways, that was pretty much it for day one! It's so exciting to be back at school and I cannot wait to see what comes next for the Playhouse! Stay tuned!

I'm so happy with my room though. It's so big! And since I have much less stuff than I usually do (I normally bring my cello up to school with me, which clearly takes up a ton of room), the room feels even larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment